Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wet Season

While I love living up here in the tropics, wet season can play havoc with training.

Each morning this week, I have been woken up around 5am to the sound of rain pelting down. We're not talking about a misty shower or a bit of drizzle, but a tropical downpour. I've tried running under these conditions before, only to be soaking wet, and having to wring out socks before I've finished the first km.

Although the rain has been consistent, thankfully it's nowhere near the 600mm in 6 hours we got last year.

What do I do? Do I get back to the 3 x 1 hour runs weekly and push to the 90 min run when I get 10k consistently as planned or do I push forward to the longer runs as I hoped to have achieved the first goal by the end of January?

Of course, with 3 days left in January, I could manage both if I get a break from the weather and get in 3 good runs. Another alternative is to dust off and repair the bike and set it up on the trainer for some indoor bike practice. In 3 days, I'll know what's what.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home