Monday, November 26, 2007

Huge work week

It was a shocker at work this week, with Tuesday starting at 7:00am and finishing at 2:00am. This was followed up with a 5:00 am start on Wednesday, which finished around 10:00pm. There was also time spent working on the weekend.

Needless to say, managing to get time for training was difficult, particularly when family comes first. However, I did manage to get in half an hour of cycling on Sunday night followed by a 2k run. Since I'd done some cycling and had not done any other practice for the week, I went out at a more comfortable pace, rather than push for the 5min/km speed. In my mind when I set out, I thought 5:30 would be reasonable.

Sunday 2k run - 5:16 per km.
Again, I have the same problem with soreness behind the big left toe. May need to look at my shoes and/or add an extra pair of socks for comfort.

Here's hoping for a better week. Next Tri is the New Year's Resolution Triathlon in January. It's a very small tri, aimed at bringing new people to the sport. This was the first event I did last year and I'm looking for a huge improvement this time. If nothing else, I go into the swim knowing I can do it, rather than just thinking I might be able to.

Toys: I was offered a Garmin Forerunner at a good discount due to the owner being injured. It should arrive during the week. With heart rate monitor and GPS, I should be able to improve the quality of the training, which will assist if the quantity is not as much as it should be. Ideally, I should have quality and quantity, but with work/family committments, I realise this will be difficult to achieve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home