Thursday, December 20, 2007

Starting on the bike again

Despite a family member being under the weather and the usual Christmas parties, I managed to get out on the bike a couple of times.

First time was on the fluid trainer for an easy 10 min spin. The heart rate slowly rising to 135 bpm.

Friday saw me ride the 4km into town to pick up a car. The heart rate was pushed a little higher, to 156bpm, with the average at 147.

Now confident that the calf would be able to manage a longer session, I headed out on Sunday morning for a quick run down the highway. The turnaround was slow as I slipped down the service road only to find I had to head back onto the highway to do the u-turn at the next intersection. The aim is to get to the Rosella store & back at an average speed of 35km/h. Once I can do that, I then venture further south until I can manage my initial target for 2008, 35km in an hour.

Sunday: 15.5km 33:23 Speed 27.9km/h 149bpm Avg

Still a lot slower than my target time, but I’m confident that my time will continue to improve the more I get out and ride.

Weekly total:

Bike 19.5km
Trainer : 10 Mins

Very little training this week, but it's a start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home