Sunday, December 30, 2007

Wet Christmas

Christmas this year was the second wettest on record. The ability of Mackay's drivers is appalling. While I may be happy to ride along teh highway in clear conditions, I'm not brave enough to risk in in the wet and particularly if visibility is poor. A couple of times, I got up at 5 am, only to pull the pin and head back to bed. Once th calf is better and I can run, these days will be runs, but I'm still a couple of weeks short of full recovery after tearing the calf in the last week of November.

Thursday I set up the trainer, put the bike in a high gear and pumped out a couple of hard 10 min sessions. My legs still feel the effects 4 days later!

With the rain finally clearing on Saturday afternoon, I headed out to Rosella store for the first time this week. With a headwind of up to 40km/h, the trip out was slow, getting down as low as 22km/h up the ramp onto the bridge. The average speed to the turnaround was a measly 26.4km/h. Coming back was better, with an average speed of 30.9 The 13th & 14th K were disappointing with both being under 30k average.

Thursday: 10 Min 136 bpm Avg 151 bpm Max
Thursday: 10 Min 145 bpm Avg 154 bpm Max
Sunday: 15.6km 33:11 Speed 28.2 km/h 150 bpm Avg 155 bpm Max

Jumping on the scales on Boxing day, the figures were alarming. It was a bit of a wake-up call. At 84.7kg, I'd not been that heavy in more than 18 months. If I'm to be at correct weight of 75kg by August for Yeppoon, I'd better start getting the extra kg's off now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home