Monday, December 27, 2010

Starting right

After having the flu last week, I knew that I had to get some good times in. With Christmas it was going to be a little hard as time with family can limit time training.

However, I managed a good 5 hours on the fluid trainer. This is where most of my cycling will be done during the wet season as the rain tumbles down. 600mm (24 inches) for the month so far and more expected. Did some speed work. Ran 6 x 1km sprints with 90 seconds between them. I managed my target, with all runs being at better than 6min per k. That's painfully slow, but I'll work up to faster speeds as I get more k's in the legs and have a better endurance base. On Boxing Day, I managed a little further than last Sunday's 2 hour run, with 16.58km.


Tried to get to the pool, but got held up at work virtually every day. managed an early afternoon on Christmas Eve. Walked the short distance to the pool in the driving rain. (Hey, I was gonna get wet anyway!) just to find they closed early. Next week, will get in even if I have to head out during lunch break.

Although I did the usual overindulgence on Christmas Day, the 2 hrs on the fluid trainer Boxing Day and 2 hr Run the same night minimised the weight gain.

Currently 83.4kg, aiming for race weight of 76kg.

Swim - Nil
Bike - Nil
Trainer - 5 hours (2x2 & 1x1)
Run - 2:34 (1 x 2hr & 6 x 1k splits)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home