Monday, December 20, 2010

Flu ridden week

This week was a shocker. Monday was a decent run and then down with the flu for 3-4 days. Fever running hot & cold, sweating like I was on a run. Overall, this really put a dampener in my training. The only bright thing to come from it was it enabled me to get my weight down a bit. Dropped 1.5kg for the week.

Being totally unfit and not having run since Monday morning, I decided to head out Sunday night around 6pm for a 2 hour run. Distance and time were not hugely important. I wanted to cover the normal distance over the first hour and then see what the second hour was like. I figure this could be close to what I may do in Cairns after the swim & bike leg.

First hour was a normal run. Slow, walking after 3k and just under 9km covered. The second hour pushed this up to 15.75km. The key was to keep trotting along between walking sessions. I was still trotting along at the end of the 2 hours. If this can be maintained during the run in Ciarns, I'm looking at a run time somewhere around 6:30. It was a balmy 27.3C when I left and by the time I finished, it had dropped to 27.2C. Humidity started at 86% rising to 88%. I'm counting on Ciarns being a lot cooler and less humid, making the run leg easier. Training in the tropics does have some advantages.

Overall:
Swim: Nil
Bike: Nil
Trainer: Nil
Run: 1 x 1hr 8.9k : 1 x 2hr 15.7k (24.6k)
Weight 83.0kg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home