Monday, December 06, 2010

6 months to go

Cairns Challenge is just 6 months away. I'm being consistent with some training, getting out 4 days last week for 5 hours total and this week, despite having to travel to Geelong & Melbourne, heading out 4 times for 4.5 hours. I don't want to push too hard too fast, considering the recent surgey and only getting the OK to train 2 weeks ago.

Visited Melbourne for work most of the week, but got out each morning I was able for a 1 hour run. Unlike Mackay, the suburb I was running around has lots of hills. To quote Bart Simpson, "Ay Carumba!". Those hills really hurt. My gluteus is in maximus pain as are my ankles.

No pool work yet, which is my weakest leg. The key here is timing. Local pool hours are not conducive to early morning or late evening training. I may have to bite the bullet and book myself out of the office at the start of the day a couple of times a week to get some swim time in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home