Saturday, January 23, 2010

New Bike - 29 weeks to go

Another week and again disappointed with the amount of training completed. Only 2 runs, one interrupted due to the start of a rash, so I had to stop and walk the remainder of the distance home. I've given away the 5k runs and gone straight to the 1 hour run, with the aim to build to 10km+. This will automatically bring the 5k pace to a level where I'm happier with.

I did get on the bike trainer and put in an easy 20 mins, which had me clocked at 9.41 km. On Wednesday afternoon, I picked up the freash bike. Although still old, being a 1999 model, it's a huge improvement on the weighty steel beast that took me around Yeppoon in 2007. I've got a Cannondale Multisport 800, with carbon forks, Shimano RSX gearing and Mavic wheels. Nowhere near the quality of a Felt DA, but a damn sight better than what I had in the past.

Health-wise, the ultrasound revealed that another operation will be needed. I won't know the timing until I get back in to see the doc (on holidays this week). Knowing my luck, they will likely schedule the op for the week or so before Yeppoon. That just means I'll have to do GC HIM in October.

Weekly totals:
2 runs 10.87 km 1:15:26
1 bike 9.41km 0:20:00
Weight 85.7kg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home